Aquatic Physical Therapy at Janet Pomeroy Center

Aquatic Physical Therapy at Janet Pomeroy Center
Laurel Condro and a patient

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Welcome to Aqua Terra Physical Therapy

From the Pool to the San Francisco Bay

Water is life. I grew up in the Chicagoland area swimming as an age grouper, a synchronized swimmer and lifeguard. I attended St. Louis University where I competed at the intercollegiate level and graduated with a degree in physical therapy in 1991. Working as a physical therapist for 20 years I have worked with children and adults in hospital, outpatient and community settings. In over 5 years of aquatic physical therapy I have experienced positive results working with children and adults with special needs, neurological diagnoses, chronic pain, post surgical rehabilitation, and patients who have had unsatisfactory results with land therapies.

I am also a certified massage therapist with training in Craniosacral Therapy, Deep Tissue, Swedish and Reflexology. I am enrolled in a Feldenkrais Practitioner Training program in Berkeley and look forward to incorporating these skills into my practice.

Currently, I am practicing Aquatic Physical Therapy at the Janet Pomeroy Center in San Francisco behind the San Francisco Zoo as well as providing terrestrial physical therapy and massage sessions. When I am not working you can find me swimming or rowing on the Bay, riding my bicycle or running on a peaceful trail in one of our nearby parks.

2 comments:

  1. Nice blog and absolutely outstanding. You can do something much better but i still say this perfect.Keep trying for the best. rehabhere.live

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's really nice and meanful. it's really cool blog. Linking is very useful thing.you have really helped lots of people who visit blog and provide them usefull information
    Racz Epidural Neurolysis
    Radiofrequency Lesioning
    Spinal Cord Stimulation
    Selective Nerve Root Block
    Sympathetic Nerve Block For Pain
    Vertebroplasty

    ReplyDelete